Rewind!

Today my sweet girl is a YEAR old! For the past few weeks I have been trying to get all of the plans finalized for her party. I can't believe it's only a few days away! Thank goodness for my mom, the party planning pro! I'll try to post pics from her party sometime in the next week.

So I was trying to get a few pictures together for something I'm putting together for the big bash when I realized I haven't backed up pictures from my camera since May-ish. Which means I haven't blogged since then either! Needless to say, I have some serious catching up to do.. I'm rewinding a bit and posting a few highlights from the past 3 months. Don't worry, this post shouldn't be too long!

Let's start with May.

Every Mother's Day our church has a Baby Dedication service (not a christening). We had a little get together afterwards to celebrate both occasions!

How adorable is this headband that my mom made for Stella??

And of course it wouldn't be a proper get together without some kind of food.

I made (with some help from my mom and sisters) the cutest marshmallow cupcakes! They were delish! Lemon pound cupcakes with cream cheese icing then topped with sugar dipped marshmallows!

Stella got to swim in her baby pool for the first time. She loved it! At first I thought baby bathing suits were hard to get on.. Until it was time to take it off. Sheesh!

On Memorial Day we had a little cookout/birthday celebration for my mom. We ended the evening by going swimming! This was Stella's first time in a big pool. She wasn't a fan. She preferred sitting on the edge of the pool with her Bebe (my mom) and letting her feet soak in the water. Diva.

Ok.. We made it through May! Now on to June.

We started finger foods with Stella this month. Mostly little soft veggies and fruits. This picture is before she dumped her plate everywhere.

Wow.. So apparently nothing really exciting happened in June. Oh! Andy and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! Love you, honey!

Last stop.. July!

This year was Stella's first 4th of July! She started taking her first steps around this time too! Only 11 months. What an over achiever! Hehe..

It was stinkin' hot, so Stella ran around in her patriotic bathing suit all day! We spent the afternoon at my Mawmaw's house. Once it got dark we had a little fun with some firecrackers! Thanks to Red Rocket Fireworks, of course!

Did I mention it's been hot?? Man.. What better way to cool off than a little ice cream!

Towards the end of the month we went to the Houston Museum of natural science to take a peek at 'Lois' the Corpse Flower! If you don't know anything about this plant, I suggest you Google it. Fascinating!

Since Stella has been doing great with finger foods, I decided to let her try a PB&J..

I think she liked it. This has to be one of my favorite pictures.. Look at those little teeth!

Back around March my best friend Joanna got us tickets to see Lady Gaga in concert! The show sold out in 4 minutes... and WE had two tickets! Yes, we designed custom shirts for the event. :)

Everything about the concert was insane!! Lady Gaga is an amazing artist and performer! Love her. This is a picture of her encore.. AMAZING!

I figured I would end this post with an amusing picture of Stella, Peyton, and Madison. Grandaddy accidentally left the fridge open, so they decided to investigate :)

So those were the highlights of the past few months.. Thanks for hanging in there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment