Wicked! (Jazz hands!)

In my last post I did a quick recap of what has been going on in the last few months. However, I completely forgot to mention anything about going to see Wicked!

I have been waiting for about 2 years for Wicked to tour in Houston again. As soon as the Houston show dates were released I talked Andy into letting me order tickets! Before Wicked he had never (Ever!) been to a stage production before. So we HAD to go. Plus, it was the perfect late anniversary present.

The show started at 8pm so we decided to grab dinner first. We went to Chuy's. YUM. Can't go wrong with Mexican food. It was so delicious. We finished our meal with Chuy's famous fried ice cream. Needless to say, we waddled out of the restaurant. :)

After dinner we headed downtown to the Hobby Center. The weather was lovely too. Perfect driving weather!

Not.

It rained buckets the entire way!! Andy was frozen with fear! Hehe.. He cracks me up!

Because my honey is an amazing driver, we made it safe and sound to the theater. We were super early, but Andy had never been to the Hobby Center before so it was nice to just take our time and look around.

Once they opened the doors we found our seats and got comfy... And that's when the cheesy childish smile became plastered on my face. The stage looked amazing. The orchestra was warming up. People of all ages were finding their seats We were all waiting for the lights to go down and the music to start. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!

Oh. My. Goodness. EVERYONE needs to see this show. AMAZING. I seriously could not get that smile off my face! We are totally going again. Did I mention that Andy loved it too? Yesss!

After the show we headed straight home. Well, tried to head straight home. The on-ramp for I45 N was closed due to high water. (Remember, raining buckets?) So we detoured a bit - through more high water... There was no avoiding it. So I did what any good passenger would do.. Took pictures!

We finally made it back home after picking up Stella from my mom's. Then we totally crashed. Too much excitement for this old couple.. :)

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Joey and I completely forgot to get tickets in time and were so bummed we missed it! I'm glad you two had a good time!! Oh, and I don't want to hear it about being an "old couple". Puh-lease, what does that make us, prunes? ;)

Post a Comment