Top Secret

Let me start off by saying this, I can not cook.

I mean, I can make a mean mac & cheese or whip up a simple casserole, but when it comes to really cooking I'm not too hot. My sister, Amy, can cook some amazing stuff, but apparently I didn't get that gene. Ha!

Here's the good news, friends.. I can bake! So tonight I decided to whip up a batch of my mom's Top Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies.



But why keep a good thing top secret? Maybe I will share the recipe...


Just kidding, Mom!


I would seriously NEVER do that. When I say top secret, I mean TOP SECRET! Let's just say when my mom handed me the recipe she had written "SHHHHHH" on the top in bright pink highlighter. Cracked me up!

My mom knows I'm terrible at keeping secrets. When I was younger my family planned a surprise party for my aunt. Everyone knew of the plans except for me. I had a bad habit of spilling the beans. So needless to say, when everyone yelled "SURPRISE" I was just as shocked as my aunt! I think I've gotten better over the years. My mom doesn't have to worry about me sharing this recipe. :)

The cookies turned out so yummy. They were perfectly baked - crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside. My house still smells delicious!




Years from now I will be able to pass this recipe down to my children. Hopefully they will be good at keeping secrets!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Stella is such a cutie!

Post a Comment