Under The Big Top!

Well, there wasn't exactly a big top... But we did go to the Circus!

One of the perks of working for a newspaper is the opportunity to exchange advertising for free tickets to different events. We have been able to go to so many different shows over the past 2 years; Monster Jam, Harlem Globetrotters, and now the Circus!




I was able to get a few extra tickets so my sisters Jen and Amy, Amy's husband Eric, and their twin girls Peyton & Madison were able to go too! We had such a blast!

Let me tell you.. It really was "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

They didn't allow photography during the show, but luckily I had snapped a few pictures before-hand. We could NOT get Stella to smile. She has a 'scared monkey face' in every shot! I'm posting them anyways.. They crack me up.


Stella and Mommy



Stella and Daddy



We had awesome seats. We stayed there for the first half of the show, but decided to move to an empty section during the second half so my little nieces could run off some energy. It was nice to be able to spread out a little. The seats were so close together. I think I elbowed Andy a thousand times during the first half.



The show was amazing. It was pure entertainment from start to finish. However, I was a nervous wreck watching all of the tricks and stunts! I guess I take after my mom. She always said she was NOT a good 'Park Mom' and I'm starting to understand what she meant by that!

We discovered that our child can officially sleep through anything. This is how she spent the second half of the show...


After the circus was over we decided to grab some dinner at Cracker Barrel. YUM. We were starved! The $9 bag of cotton candy didn't really stick to your ribs..

Yes, I said $9 bag of cotton candy. Crazy.

When we were finished Andy toted Stella through the parking lot on his shoulders. It was so sweet. She just giggled the whole time.



The drive home was pretty comical. There were a few missed exits, a couple wrong turns, but we eventually made it home. (Andy is going to hate me for sharing that..)

As soon as we got home Andy changed Stella into her PJ's and she passed out. Poor girl was exhausted!


I'm looking forward to the day that Stella will be old enough to really enjoy the circus. So needless to say, there will be many more trips like these in our future. :)

1 comments:

Jill said...

I have never been to the circus!! Can you believe that? Maybe we'll take Amelia someday. :)

Post a Comment