Stella's First Birthday!

This post is SO overdue. I started working full time again (except Wednesdays) so my time, energy and creativity has been limited. But here it is... :)

Our sweet Stella was born on August 4th, 2009. You can read about that special day HERE. We made plans to have her party on August 7th. Here’s a quick peek at the invite - Designed by yours truly.

Here’s the front..


And here's the inside..


We went with with a cupcake/purple stripe theme for the party. My mom made this ADORABLE cake! It was perfect!!



I decided to put together a little dessert table. Complete with mini marshmallows, brownie bites, peanut butter bites, frosted animal cookies, Gerber cherry puff snacks and frosted Cheerios!



I printed out some of my favorite pictures of Stella from the past year. I can't believe how much she has changed!



How cute are these?! They are little clothespin magnets. A few wonderful people and I assembled these one night... By candle light. No joke. The power went out at my house the night we were trying to put them together.



We decided to open presents first. And there were LOTS of them.



Stella was being quite comical. She would open a present and then wander around and visit for a few minutes then she would come back and sit on my lap again to open more presents. She was hamming it up!



The last present she opened was from Mommy and Daddy. We got her a brand new "big girl" car seat! It's a 3-in-1 convertible seat. Basically we won't have to ever buy another car seat!



After Stella finished opening all of her presents we moved onto cake! My mom made the cherry on top of the big cupcake out of cake so Stella could eat it!



And let me tell you.. She ate it. Smeared it. Smashed it. Squished it.



Stella made a HUGE mess, but she loved every bit of it! After she finished I stripped her down and gave her a quick bath. A wet wipe just wasn't doing the job.



Stella's party was so much fun. It was a lot of work to plan, but worth every minute!

I can't believe our sweet girl is a year old. She is such a blessing in our life. I'm so thankful God chose us to be her Mommy and Daddy.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.


Oh, wait.. Have you ever sat through the credits after a movie only to be treated to an extra scene? Maybe a few bloopers? Well...

Here you go.



After the party died down, I found my sister.

In the car seat box.

Playing peek-a-boo with the birthday girl.



Oh goodness..

0 comments:

Post a Comment