A Star Is Born!

On August 4th, 2009 Miss Stella Noelle made her big debut! Stella was born at 7:29 pm. She weighed 8lbs (even!) and was 20 inches long. We were so thrilled to finally meet our baby girl. She had dark hair just like her daddy and big beautiful eyes just like her mommy! ;) Below is a short recap of that special day...

My actual due date was August 10th (My dad’s birthday!), but Dr. S decided to deliver early. Stella had measured between 7.5 and 8 pounds at my 38 week scan. Neither of us wanted to take the chance of her getting too much bigger.

Plus, it was so freakin’ hot.

We’re talking Texas summer… 100 plus temperatures and 100% humidity. I think I would have been miserable whether I was pregnant or not! Needless to say, I was ready!



The delivery was an amazing experience. We arrived at the hospital at 10:00 am for my scheduled induction. By 1:30 pm I was in active labor. At 3:30 pm I was dialated to 7cm and ready for the epidural.



I was able to rest for a little bit after getting my epidural, but by 6:45 pm I was ready to have a baby! Dr. S was called in around 7:00 pm and by 7:29 pm we met our baby girl for the first time. There were a few tears, lots of smiles, and a TON of picture taking! Dr. S took my camera and was taking pictures for me. I loved that!



The feeling you get when seeing your baby for the first time is indescribable. Stella was even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. Throughout my whole pregnancy I prayed for 2 things; First and foremost I wanted a healthy baby. Secondly, I wanted her to have dark hair like her daddy. God answers prayers. He blessed us with a healthy, dark haired baby. Not only did Stella have her daddy’s beautiful dark hair, but she had her daddy’s dark complexion too! I have to say, at first the girl didn’t even look like my child! I didn’t care though. She was perfect in every way!



Our little family is complete for now. Being a Mommy and Daddy is a blessing. We couldn’t be happier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment